- Please respect the landowners and their property when spectating along the river. Don’t deviate off the farm roads and please drive slowly on the farms, the dust is harmful to the fruit trees and vines.
- The first spot to see the paddlers is Viljoensdrift Wine farm.
- Sliding Weir (#1 on map), low level bridge and Bollard bridge (#2 on map) can all be accessed by turning right (towards the river) onto the small dirt road just before the big Van Loveren building. Stay on the right of the fence.
- ‘Red Bridge’ can be accessed by taking the Stormsvlei turnoff.
- Access to Secunda Weir # 3 only via the footpath from the Stormsvlei Road.
- Low level bridge #4 (Broken Bridge) can be only be accessed from The Stormsvlei side of the river. Turn left down a dirt road at the Baken Oord sign, and then take the first left again which takes you to the bridge.
- The causeway #5 can be driven over at low levels. Otherwise drive around over the Bonnievale Bridge into Bonnievale. The finish is at Riggton Farm off the Bonnievale main road.
Day 2: Seconding Guide
- Drew Bridge can be accessed as indicated.
- The finish is at Kam’bati Resort. Take the turnoff 16km from Swellendam on the Stormsvlei side of town. It’s a 4km dirt road to the resort.